Thank you to The Reluctant Baptist for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. This is a great opportunity for new bloggers to get to know other bloggers out there. It is so sweet, and such a great compliment that she would think of me. Her blog is insightful and interesting and well-written, and I am truly honoured that she thinks well of mine.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
- List the Rules and Display the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 7 facts/things about yourself.
- Nominate around 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
- Follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Facts about Myself
1. I am a new Christian, having come to faith in Jesus just a few years ago. He changed my life enormously, and I am intensely grateful. Maybe that sounds trite, but truly, I shudder when I think of the terrible waste I was making of my life when I was doing it all alone , and I am so glad that He whispered my name and took me in hand.
2. I have four amazing, beautiful children, and am just newly pregnant again!
3. My sister is about to move across the country with her family, and I will really miss her. I haven’t written about that here yet, but I am really going to miss her.
4. We are a homeschooling family. Sometimes it’s pure joy, and sometimes it’s an exercise in patience. This pendulum swings back and forth several times in the busy, noisy day!
5. I used to shave my head when I was young. But I was not beautiful, like Sinead O’Connor. More just awkward. My mother bought me a wig to wear when she was around. It was kind of a department-store mannequin type of wig, so I used to stand still in department store aisles and try to see if I could convince people I was a doll. What, haven’t you ever seen a poorly-dressed mannequin with acne?
6. I move too much. Way too much! My husband and I have been married for 9 years, and have just finished our 5th move in that time — even after buying a house, we ended up renting it out when we had to move for work. We’re pretty sure we’ve settled down this time, however… Until we buy a farm.
7. My husband loves me, and I love him. I wish I could go back and tell my anguished, lonely 20-something self to just hang in there — better days are coming! Or better yet, maybe I could convince myself to stop making such stupid mistakes and just give my life over to Jesus. I could have saved myself ten years of misery. But really, how can I harbour any regret, when my life now is so wonderful? My Lord is gracious to bring beauty from ashes, and I am living proof.
Okay, so enough about me! On to the lovely blogs that I know about and can introduce you to!
1. Gigi Blog — this is a beautiful, inspiring blog by a Christian homeschooling mama of six beautiful girls. She brings you into her beautiful world with incredibly gorgeous pictures and a message that never fails to revive your spirit.
2. Elliott Expedition — a Christian roadschooling family of nine. I used to follow Anne’s old blog, and it’s exciting to see where she and her husband are going on this new expedition for their family.
3. In the Nursery of the Nation – Christian homeschooling mother of nine who posts great, thought-provoking posts. She is currently doing a 31-day series through Proverbs, which is well worth checking out.
4. Stories of Our Boys – Christian homeschooling mother of four boys who posts funny, relatable content about daily life.
5. Full Manger – Funny, friendly Christian homeschooling mother of five boys who blogs her course work as she goes through a course of Zoology from Apologia. Full of pictures of her busy Hawaii homeschool, and great tips for making school fun for active boys!
6. Raising Servants of Christ – Christian homeschooling mother and foster mother who posts about everything from day-to-day life, to biblical perspectives on various issues, to craft ideas for kids.
7. Modern Homesteading – A homesteader who moved from the city to a rural homestead with her young son, and posts about daily life and the rural living skills that she’s developed along the way.
8. Anam Baile – Homesteader and homeschooling mother of two little girls. She posts about homeschooling, DIY projects, decorating, and daily life, with a romantic flourish and lovely photos.
9. This Heart – Funny, disarming Christian mother of (soon-to-be) three children, who blogs about daily life with her family and whatever the Lord puts on her heart. Uplifting, funny, and genuine.
10. I Have No Greater Joy – Former first-grade teacher and Christian homeschooling mother of (soon-to-be) five beautiful children, who posts fun, practical ideas for crafts and projects.
11. Good Goat Mamma – Homeschooling mother of three who is a former teacher shares practical teaching tips and resources, as well ideas and methodologies regarding homeschooling.
That’s it. Not quite fifteen (but I am falling asleep at the wheel here, and morning sickness knows no time of day, really. What a misnomer!). These are all lovely blogs to read, especially if you’re interested in homeschooling and Christian life, as I obviously am. I had no idea how extremely focused I am in my blog-reading.
Good night, and happy reading!